Student Design Competitions application deadline May 15March 27th, 2017 / By: IFAI / Category: Industry News, News
IFAI appreciates members’ dedication to helping advance the textile industry. We encourage you to further that advancement by passing along the following information to students who are interested in a textile industry career.
Students have until Monday, May 15, 2017, to submit projects for the IFAI Student Design Competitions. Any project completed between May 2016- May 2017 is eligible.
The Student Design Competitions are a great way for students to showcase their talents to industry professionals. There are four competitions, sponsored by four different IFAI divisions:
- Advanced Textiles (Advanced Textiles Products Division)
- Awning and Canopy (Professional Awning Manufacturers Association)
- Fabric Graphics (Fabric Graphics Association)
- Fabric Structures (Fabric Structures Association)
Student participants will:
- Design functional products using textiles as the major component
- Build their resume and portfolio
- Network with industry professionals
First place in each competition receives a $1,500 cash prize and a trip valued at $4,600 to IFAI Expo 2017, September 26-29 in New Orleans, La., for a team of three. Entry deadline: Monday, May 15, 2017. For more detailed information and entry instructions, click the button below.