Supporting more than 1,600 member companies in four market segments, 13 divisions and three country sectors, IFAI sponsors the largest industry tradeshow in the Americas, provides industry news and information via trade magazines, digital publications and buyer’s guides, and provides education and advocacy on behalf of member companies.
IFAI invests all profits generated by magazines, websites and trade shows to advance the industry and support member companies.
IFAI members are automatically included in one of 13 divisions or three country sectors. Each division sets its own programming and activities based on member needs.
IFAI provides news, information and interaction through award-winning print and online publications serving various niche markets. These publications – Specialty Fabrics Review, InTents, Geosynthetics, Marine Fabricator, the annual Fabric Architecture and the online Advanced Textiles Source – are specifically tailored to meet industry needs.
IFAI organizes many events that bring together members, suppliers and customers, and provide educational opportunities to advance industry knowledge and networking opportunities.
- Held successful IFAI Expo 2015 in Anaheim, California
- Held Outlook 2016, the industry’s premier gathering place for thought leaders, at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Hosted biennial Tent Conference 2016 event in Las Vegas
- Held annual Marine Fabricators Conference and three regional Marine Fabricators Association events around the nation
- Hosted first-ever “Smart Fabrics Summit” in Washington D.C., in partnership with the United States Department of Commerce
- Developed highly popular “Fire Retardancy” six-webinar series
- Continued to work with Makers Coalition on U.S. Department of Labor “Industry Apprentice” designation, dedicated to workforce development
- Held annual Spring Lobby Days event in Washington, D.C., through IFAI’s Geosynthetic Materials Division
- Developed Sewing Maintenance Workshop to offer hands-on education and training for sewing machine operators
- Continued to sponsor International Achievement Awards (IAA) and support Industrial Fabrics Foundation (IFF) Innovation Award and scholarship programs