IFAI (Industrial Fabrics Association International) is a not-for-profit trade association comprised of member companies representing the entire specialty fabrics/technical textiles industry.
Supporting more than 1,600 member companies in 10 market niches and three country sectors, IFAI sponsors the largest industry tradeshow in the Americas, provides industry news and information via trade magazines, digital publications and buyer’s guides, and provides education and advocacy on behalf of member companies.
IFAI invests all profits generated by magazines, websites and trade shows to advance the industry and support member companies.
Through a new initiative of the IFAI Board of Directors, all IFAI members are now automatically included in one of 10 divisions or three country sectors. At least two new divisions are in development to meet the needs of IFAI members. Each division sets its own programming and activities based on member needs.
IFAI provides news, information and interaction through several award-winning print and online publications serving various niche markets. New this year, Advanced Textiles Source is a monthly digital e-publication and website with a focus on creating the future of textiles.
IFAI organizes many events that bring together members, suppliers and customers, and provide educational opportunities to advance industry knowledge and networking opportunities.
- IFAI celebrated its 100th Anniversary.
- IFAI Expo 2012 hosted the largest show floor in history with 103,700 square-feet of exhibition space and attendance of nearly 5,500 participants.
- The Advanced Textiles pavilion provided focus and engagement for the technical textiles industry.
- ShowStoppers showcased the best new and exciting products in the textile industry.
- GMA and IFAI’s conference management department organized the successful Geosynthetics 2013 in Long Beach, CA. The event hosted 123 exhibitors and 1,300 participants at which 140 technical papers were presented.
- MFA National Convention experienced a 5% increase in attendees, who were attracted by the full day technology workshop.
- TRD Tent Expo attracted more than 500 visitors and 70 exhibitors for the biggest event in their history.
- IFAI New Zealand/OFPANZ held its 25th anniversary conference.
- PAMA continued work in gaining energy savings recognition and approval from the U.S. DOE and LEED certification authorities.
- Safety and Technical Products partnered with IFAI’s conference management department to develop the Advanced Textiles Conference and Trade Show.
- IFAI introduced a new dues structure that automatically includes every IFAI member in at least one division and will add new equipment and military divisions.
- IFAI Publications introduced a new digital e-publication and website, Advanced Textiles Source, the official publication of Advanced Textiles Conference and Trade Show.