One of the top priorities at IFAI is to improve the value of IFAI membership. The Membership Services Department has recently been reorganized in a way that will strengthen the role of divisions and country sectors and position IFAI to add new benefits and services for its members.
Membership now has two teams: Core Markets and Technical Markets. Each team is led by a senior management level director and includes the divisions and membership services that support each market. Beth Hungiville has been named the director of core markets and Andrew Aho is the director of technical markets. Both have worked for IFAI as division managers for several years.
Core Markets includes the Fabric Structures Association (FSA), Marine Fabricators Association (MFA), Professional Awning Manufacturers Association (PAMA), Tarp Association (TA) and Tent Rental Division (TRD). It also includes Canada, Japan and New Zealand country sectors, as well as business services, codes, awards and certification.
Technical Markets includes the Fabric Graphics Association (FGA), Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA), Safety & Technical Products Association (S+TP), United States Industrial Fabrics Institute (USIFI) and Narrow Fabrics Institute (NFI). New divisions will also be added to technical markets, which also includes government relations, grant writing, market research, INFOcentral and the Industrial Fabrics Foundation (IFF).
This new organizational plan does some important things for IFAI:
- Strengthens the value of membership by expanding and enhancing services, divisions and benefits
- Helps to differentiate between the needs of very different markets and gives us the opportunity to match activities more precisely to the needs of each
- Strengthens the role of the divisions, while finding efficiencies and cross training staff to understand each market
- Integrates the membership sales and retention staff into the service teams, allowing them to specialize and gain expertise
- Amplifies the voice of membership on the senior management team, which will improve our understanding and strategic thinking
Contact Andrew Aho at +1 651 225 6907, firstname.lastname@example.org or Beth Hungiville at +1 651 225 6952, email@example.com if you have comments or suggestions on the divisions. The staff looks forward to working with all members to improve services provided by IFAI.