(Roseville, Minn. - October 29, 2010) - The Industrial Fabrics Foundation (IFF) recently announced the recipients of its 2010 Membership and Student Scholarship Programs. Foundation representatives announced the scholarships during the IFAI Expo Americas 2010, October 27 - 29, 2010, in Orlando, FL.
IFF, a non profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to research, education and charitable activities in the specialty fabrics industry awards several scholarship awards annually.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, community service, financial need and interest in a future career in the specialty fabrics industry. To qualify for the scholarships, applicants must be enrolled in a college or university textile program.
The following scholarships were awarded:
- The recipients of the IFF Student Scholarship are Sudheer Jinka, student at Texas Tech University, Vinitkumar Singh, student at Texas Tech University, and Alexa Woodruff, student at Philadelphia University. The scholarships are funded by the Foundation.
- The recipient of the Architect Scholarship is Maria Paulina Carvallo, student at Illinois Institute of Technology. The scholarship is funded by the Fabric Structures Association (FSA) a division of the Industrial Fabrics Association International.
- The recipients of the IFAI Membership Scholarship are Matthew Sweeney sponsored by ABC Rental and Ryan Gatti sponsored by Herculite Products. These scholarships are funded by the Foundation.
- The recipient of the Fabric Graphics Association (FGA) Membership Scholarship is Ryan Alvarez sponsored by Fabric Images of Elgin, IL. The scholarship is funded by the FGA a division of the Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI).
- The recipient of the Tent Rental Division (TRD) Membership Scholarship is Nicholas Wodetzki sponsored by American Pavilion. The scholarship is funded by the TRD a division of the Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI).
For more information, please contact Beth Hungiville, IFF Managing Director, at +1 651 225 6545 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.