The leadership of GMA recognized that our voice must be heard by the policymakers that are responsible for the infrastructure projects that are so vital to our industry. And it is essential that we be out in front educating these decision makers and demonstrating how our products can help build better, faster and cheaper than traditional materials only.
To that end we have developed a robust government relations program that is having a direct impact on issues that are important to the geosynthetic industry.
We ask all involved in geosynthetics, members of GMA and non-members alike to become engaged, educated and committed to our advocacy efforts.
Issues important to the geosynthetics industry discussed during the congressional meetings will include:
- Life cycle costs and benefits of incorporating innovative materials in pavements.
- Geosynthetic liners in coal ash waste sites.
- The environmental and engineering solutions that geosynthetic materials bring to the shale gas extraction industry.
- Strategic discussions related to the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) reauthorization.
- Continued relationship development with your members of Congress.
In order to effectively arrange your legislative meetings, we must receive the following:
- Registration confirmation by Sept. 4, 2013
- Company locations, complete addresses, congressional district of each location
- Number of employees at each location (this information is kept confidential, but is used to leverage meeting arrangements)
There is no fee to register for the GMA Lobby Days, but there is a $75 fee to register for the baseball game on the evening of Sept. 18, 2013.
We have a limited number of rooms available for lobby days. Please make your reservations soon.
2019 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Tel: +1 202 828 2600 or 800 424 5486
Group Code: 2872
Nightly Rate: $239.00 (not including applicable taxes and/or fees)
Reserve By: Aug. 19, 2013
For questions, contact Linden Wicklund at 800 636 4942.