An unprecedented 1,161 authors from 60 countries submitted a record 809 abstracts - a key indication of the interest in Geo-Frontiers 2011 and the number of participants expected.
(Roseville, MN, Sept. 16, 2010) The Industrial Fabrics Association International has announced an extensive menu of programs, workshops and short courses for the largest gathering of geotechnical professionals in North America. The conference will feature more than 90 technical sessions, an historically-busy exhibit hall, and eight full-day short courses. The show management has received a record response in abstracts submitted--1,161 authors from 60 countries--for this highly-attended trade show and conference.
Geosynthetic materials are gaining in worldwide recognition for their use in waste containment, groundwater protection and other barrier applications. They have been prominently featured in recent news surrounding the rules proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency that will require lining of coal ash containment sites. In addition, geosynthetics will be needed for landfills holding contaminated oil boom from the BP oil spill cleanup efforts in the Gulf of Mexico. Consumer awareness of geosythetics has grown with the popularity of greenways in cities, green roofs and urban rain gardens.
This growing interest in geosynthetic solutions in multiple sectors is what is causing the record response to the upcoming Geo-Frontiers 2011. It will cater to entry level and advanced attendees alike, who will have the opportunity to earn professional development hours through an extensive selection of short courses, technical paper sessions, plenary presentations, discussion panels.
- Advanced Principles of Slope Stability
- Analysis Augured Cast-In-Place (ACIP) Piles: Design,
- Construction, Load Test, and Case Studies
- Design and Construction of Bottom Liner and Cover Systems
- Geosynthetic Reinforced Soil
- Instrumentation, Monitoring, and Condition Assessment of Foundations & Geo Structures
- Application of Geophysics to Geotechnical Problems
- Recent Trends in Ground Improvement
- Geosynthetic Test Procedures and Material Specifications
- Geootechnical Testing and Site Characterization
- Soil/Rock Mechanics and Modeling
- Foundations and Ground Improvement
- Slopes, Embankments, and Earth Retaining Structures
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Geo-Hazards (Earthquakes, Landslides, Erosions, Others)
- Transportation Materials and Pavements
- Other Geotechnical-Related Issues
The GRI-24 Conference theme is "Enhancing Sustainability Using Geosynthetics and more than 20 presentations will cover a wide spectrum of new ideas including design and engineering strategies and cost-saving geotechnical solutions.
Geo-Frontiers 2011 is the largest marketing exhibition for geotechnical products and services in North America. Exhibitors include manufacturers and service providers showcasing geotechnical solutions and technologies and innovations.
ADSC: The International Association of Foundation Drilling
Business Co-ordination House
Chinese Institution of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering
Deep Foundations Institute
Fabricated Geomembrane Institute
Federal Highway Administration
International Association of Geosynthetic Installers
International Geosynthetics Society
Mexican Society for Geotechnical Engineering
Pile Driving Contractors Association
Transportation Research Board
US Universities Council for Geotechnical Education and Research
Sheraton Dallas Hotel, Dallas, Texas USA
A limited number of hotel rooms are available at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel for the special rate of $139. This special rate will last until February 21, 2011 or when the room block is full.