Each SDC must use textiles as a major component.
1st place in each Student Design Challenge will receive $6,000+ Prize Pack with your original textile product design*
Design for aerospace, medical, military, safety/protective or other wearable and non-wearable textile technology applications.
Awning and Canopy
Design an awning [fixed or retractable], canopy or tension canopy for a public or commercial space.
Design a fabric graphics installation [2D or 3D] for a public or commercial space.
Design a fabric structure that provides a shelter and architectural interest for a public or commercial site.
What to submit:
- Project description including:
- Written product/design specifications
- How the project achieves its purpose
- Why the product/space was designed
- Evidence showing that this is an original design
- Anything unique or complex about the project which may not be evident in the photographs or specifications
- References or materials cited
- What attributes or advantages did fabric provide that other options couldn’t/didn’t
- What makes fabric a preferred choice over materials.
- Digital images
- 4-8 digital images of the project, including design illustrations.
- Image resolution must be no less than 300 dpi.
- At least one of the images must be an overall view of the project. Additional images should show significant details or angles of the project.
- Images and documents should be submitted for Window Platform in .doc(English), .jpg, .bmp, .tiff, .ppt or.pdf.
*1st place receives $1,500 cash prize and trip valued at $4,600 to IFAI Expo, October 2017 in New Orleans, LA for a team of 3.