By Carol Brzozowski
Five factors to keep in mind when examining your company’s technological and skill capabilities for pursuing new markets:
- Listen to your customers for new or unusual requests; identify patterns or trends.
- Has the competition recently expanded into a new line? If so, consider what they know about the market that you need to know.
- You know the adage ‘One thing leads to another.’ Apply that to your business: What are you doing now that can act as a springboard for related work?
- Consider providing more umbrella services so your clients don’t have to turn elsewhere to have all of their needs met.
- Follow the money. These days, the hot markets include military, safety and protective, medical/personal care and going green. You can add value to your fabric products by making them smart, interactive, recyclable, antimicrobial, temperature-controlled, odor-absorbing, color-changing, water-repelling … find out what the customer demands and make it so.