By Mark E. Battersby
Although the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) does not provide grants to start or grow a business, certain grants are available for very specific business goals.
Use the SBA’s “Loans and Grants Search Tool” to check your options. For example:
- I want assistance with exporting my products/services overseas.
- I’m a government contractor or am interested in obtaining government contracts.
- I’m looking for financing to help with energy efficiency, pollution control or recycling.
- I’m looking for financing available to women business owners.
- My business is located in a rural community.