This page was printed from

Keying fabric for television studios

August 1st, 2010 / By: / Resources

I’m doing a project for a local television studio and I need to use a “keying” fabric. What is it and where do I get it?

Hollywood special effects are so common, you’ve probably heard of a “blue screen,” where actors are filmed in front of a special blue screen. The camera can see the actors, but the fabric has reflective beads that reflect light in such a way that the camera can’t see it—allowing the image that’s been shot of the actors to be edited with other material to make a composite special effect. Chroma Key is essentially the same process, only for the television industry, and fabrics are typically blue or green.

SOURCE Dazian Fabrics LLC

Juli Case is IFAI‘s information and technical services manager.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments are moderated and will show up after being approved.