All nominations must be submitted by Jan. 5.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has announced its online portal is now accepting nominations for the 2015 National Small Business Week awards. This is the third year SBA has used the online portal submission process, which provides all the submission guidelines and makes it easier to both submit and track nominees.
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to local communities and the nation’s economy. The awards include:
- National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam).
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery).
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year.
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year.
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors).
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program).
- Exporter of the Year.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers).
- Women’s Business Center (WBC) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs).
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers).
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year.
In addition to the portal, nominations can be sent directly to an SBA district office. Visit the SBA website for contact information. All nominations must be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than 3:00 p.m. EST, Jan. 5.