The Leadership Development Committee of the Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) is now seeking candidates for positions on its Board of Directors and Division Advisory Boards. The current 1st Vice Chairman Kathy Schaefer, IFM (Glawe Tent and Awning Co.) is Chairman-elect and will automatically assume the duties of the Chairman of the Board in October.
IFAI is seeking candidates to fill the following board positions:
- 1st Vice Chairman: two-year term (the individual elected to this position will be the “Chairman-elect” and shall automatically become Chairman of the Board at the completion of the incoming Chairman’s term)
- 2nd Vice Chairman: two-year term
- Director (three positions): three-year terms
IFAI’s volunteer leadership openings are being announced at this time, as well, to highlight the range of opportunities available. IFAI’s divisions and business areas draw from the expertise and knowledge of volunteer leaders to support the organization’s mission and goals. Applications are being accepted to fill the following director positions on IFAI’s Division Advisory Boards:
• Advanced Textile Products: three director positions
• Professional Awning Manufactures Association: three director positions
• Equipment Division: one director position
• Fabric Graphics Association: three director positions
• Fabric Structures Association: five director positions
• Makers Division: not currently seeking applications
• Marine Fabricators Association: three director positions
• Military Division: three director positions
• Narrow Fabrics Institute: four director positions
• Tarp Association: one director position
• Tent Rental Division: two director positions
• U.S. Industrial Fabrics Institute: three director positions
• IFAI Canada: four director positions
• IFAI Japan: not currently seeking applications
In addition, the Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) has an Executive Council that is made up of key players in the geosynthetics industry. If you have questions about GMA or wish to be on the GMA Executive Council, please contact Cherie Schmit for more information.
In order to be considered, a candidate must 1) be employed by a voting member company in good standing; 2) submit verbal or written confirmation that he/she wishes to be considered for a specific position on a specific board; and, 3) complete an application form, returning it to IFAI’s headquarters office, c/o Cherie Schmit, no later than May 31, 2019.
To obtain an application form, please contact:
1801 County Road B W.
Roseville, MN 55113-4061 USA
Telephone: +1 (651) 225-6985 or +1 (800) 225-4324 (U.S. and Canada only)
Each application will be reviewed separately by the nominating committee of the board / advisory board in which the candidate has expressed interest. All candidates will be notified of their status prior to any notice that is sent to the membership of each division.