Dear IFAI Members:
We have received updated information from the federal government regarding COVID-19 procurement. This new guidance comes from the National Risk Management Center at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and supersedes any previous directive to contact FEMA with contracting proposals. Point 1 listed below provides a new site to submit contract proposals. I would also draw particular attention to point 2 below. DHS is requiring that any private sector party wishing to supply COVID-19 emergency materials must register with the “System for Award Management” (SAM) to be considered for an award. A link for SAM registration is included in point 2.
Again, anyone proposing to sell Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to the federal government should follow the guidance listed below:
1. To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation by clicking here.
Full details can be found in the solicitation by clicking here.
If you submit a COVID-19 procurement proposal to the federal government, please also provide a brief summary identifying the exact products contained in your proposal to Janelle Buerkley by emailing her.
2. This solicitation requires registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be considered for award, pursuant to applicable regulations and guidelines. Registration information can be found at www.sam.gov. Registration must be “ACTIVE” at the time of award.
If you need assistance in regard to a SAM registration, please contact NCTO staff and IFAI consultant, Sara Beatty at SBeatty@ncto.org.
3. If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering using this link: https://www.fema.gov/covid19offers.
4. If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response—email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If you are a hospital or healthcare provider in need of medical supplies, please contact your state, local, tribal or territory department of public health and/or emergency management agency.
6. If you are interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting the response to COVID-19 with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, please submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Action Innovative Response Team (PAIR) team at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
- Cash donations to the non-profit of your choice IS THE BEST donation.
- You can find vetted non-profit organizations supporting COVID-19 response efforts at www.NVOAD.org.
- Don’t collect or make donations until you are sure it is needed, who will accept it and how it will get there is worked out.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
We realize that COVID-19 procurement information from the U.S. government is rapidly evolving and at times confusing. With that said, they are working to perfect their emergency solicitation process in the midst of this ongoing crisis. Our pledge to you as members is to pass along as quickly as possible relevant information from the appropriate government sources as to how you may effectively engage in this extremely fluid process.
Programming Supported by: