The Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) is a not-for-profit trade association comprised of member companies representing the entire specialty fabrics/technical textiles industry.Supporting more than 1,600 member companies in four market segments, 13 divisions and three country sectors, IFAI sponsors the largest industry tradeshow in the Americas, provides industry news and information via trade magazines, digital publications and buyer’s guides, and provides education and advocacy on behalf of member companies.
IFAI invests all profits generated by magazines, websites and trade shows to advance the industry and support member companies.
IFAI members are automatically included in one of 13 divisions or three country sectors. Each division sets its own programming and activities based on member needs.
IFAI provides news, information and interaction through award-winning print and online publications serving various niche markets. These publications – Specialty Fabrics Review, InTents, Geosynthetics, Marine Fabricator, the annual Fabric Architecture and the online Advanced Textiles Source – are specifically tailored to meet industry needs.
IFAI organizes many events that bring together members, suppliers and customers, and provide educational opportunities to advance industry knowledge and networking opportunities.
- Divisions engaged in education, code work, government relations and networking for the benefit of members.
- There were more than 5,000 participants at IFAI Expo 2016 in Charlotte, NC, making that the best attended Expo since 2012.
- The Geosynthetics Materials Association (GMA) worked with IFAI staff to host Geotechnical Frontiers 2017 in Orlando, FL in partnership with the Geo-Institute, a division of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). More than 2,200 professionals attended.
- The Marine Fabricators Association (MFA) hosted the Marine Conference in Jacksonville, FL; the Tent Rental Division (TRD) held Tent Expo in Orlando, FL; the United States Industrial Fabrics Institute (USIFI), the Narrow Fabrics Association (NFA), and the Military Division (MIL) worked together to put on Outlook 2017 in Williamsburg, VA.
- For the third year in a row membership is growing, posting a net increase in the number of IFAI members.
- IFAI net assets reached more than $3M, ensuring that your association will be in a strong financial position for the future. With the inspired leadership of your IFAI Board of Directors, your association is investing in the future:
- New programs include workforce development in the Makers Division.
- Collaborative code work between the Professional Awing Manufacturers Association (PAMA), the Fabric Structures Association (FSA), and the Tent Rental Division (TRD).
- The introduction of a “members only” website portal that now contains thousands of searchable articles, a robust Small Business section, and a growing library of video training resources. IFAI is successful because of the leadership of companies like yours