Competition Details Coming Soon!
Students will create an original fabric graphics installation design and prototype for a public or commercial space. Spaces include, but are not limited to, community, school or office space. Projects must incorporate fabric graphics as a major part of the product.
For examples of fabric graphics click here.
- Use textiles as a major component
- Design a fabric graphic that enhances a public or commercial environment using a functional or industrial application.
What to submit:
Project description including:
- Written product/design specifications
- How the project achieves its purpose
- Why the product/space was designed
- Evidence showing that this is an original design
- Anything unique or complex about the project which may not be evident in the photographs or specifications
- References or materials cited
- What attributes or advantages did fabric provide that other options couldn’t/didn’t
- What makes fabric a preferred choice over materials.
- 4-8 digital images of the project, including design illustrations.
- Image resolution must be no less than 300 dpi.
- At least one of the images must be an overall view of the project. Additional images should show significant details or angles of the project.
- Images and documents should be submitted for Window Platform in .doc(English), .jpg, .bmp, .tiff, .ppt or.pdf.
- $500 cash prize to student or $1,500 to team of three or more students
- Presentation of project at IFAI Expo events
For up to three team members:
- Complimentary registration to IFAI Expo
- Complimentary travel expenses up to $500 per student to attend IFAI Expo
- $400 applied to travel and hotel costs for academic advisor or college instructor to attend IFAI Expo
- Project featured in IFAI and division publications and on websites
Please contact Janelle Wells at 651-225-6953 or email@example.com