Webinar on styrene, Prop 65 set for Oct. 13October 12th, 2016 / By: IFAI / Category: Industrial Fabrics Foundation
The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and leaders from chemical industry are conducting compliance webinar Thursday, Oct. 13, on California’s Proposition 65. In April, California added the substance styrene to the Proposition 65 regulatory warning list. Webinar topics will discuss how styrene is proposed to be treated under the regulation and how the boating industry is poised to comply with recent changes. Register for the webinar here.
WHAT: Proposition 65–Styrene Webinar
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016, 2:00–3:30 p.m. EST
Styrene is an essential chemical building block that is used to make thousands of commercial, industrial and personal products. Examples of those items we encounter ever day include polystyrene food containers, expanded polystyrene foam (EPS) shipping, transport packaging and end caps, building insulation, composite products used in construction and industrial applications, transportation, and recreational vessels, marine accessories and components.
Join representatives from key industries affected by the Prop 65 listing for a regulatory update and the implications for various industries.
- Jack Snyder, Styrene Information & Research Center (SIRC)
- Mike Levy, Plastics Food Packaging Group, the American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- Walter A. Reiter, III, EPS Industry Alliance (EPS-IA)
- John Schweitzer, American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
- Michael Lewan, NMMA
- Karyn Schmidt, Regulatory & Technical Affairs, the American Chemistry Council (ACC)