- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
- Analytics, Cookies and Other Website Technologies
- Information Sharing
- Accessing Your Data
- GDPR Support
- Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
1. Information We Collect and Receive
IFAI collects different types of information to provide products and services to our members and non-members within the specialty fabrics industry, including:
Customer Account: This includes information you provide to create your account, respond to surveys, call recordings, membership/advertising/exhibitor/sponsor contracts, magazine/e-newsletter subscription forms, professional certification or credits for education, awards programs, volunteer participation, editorial sourcing and requests to be placed on distribution lists. The information may include contact data, billing and payment information, demographic data, a password and a valid email address.
Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account, , or attend and present webinars. The information may also include contact data, billing and payment information, demographic data, a password and a valid email address.
Service Data (including Session and Usage Data):
When you use our products and services, IFAI receives information generated through the purchase and/or use of the products and services, either entered by you or others who use the products and services with you. IFAI may also collect usage and log data about how the products and services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using the products and services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings, and what operating system you are using.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data. This data may be combined with information we already have about you to help us update, expand and analyze our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Location Information: We collect your location-based information for the purposes of providing and supporting IFAI products and services.
Device Information: When you use our products and services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and its operating system version.
Hotel Stay Information: Attendees who secure housing through this agency must provide personal information such as: arrival and departure dates, hotel selection, contact information, and payment and billing information.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
IFAI may use the data we collect as necessary to (a) provide and maintain the services we offer; (b) address and respond to customer support issues; (c) as required by law; (d) fulfill our contracts; (e) improve and enhance products and services.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Create and maintain your account
- Mail magazines and email e-newsletters
- Send you an order confirmation or contract
- Payment processing
- Mail and email marketing communications
- Mail and email membership communications
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Conduct research and analysis
- Market services of our third-party business partners
IFAI will retain your information as long as your account with us is active, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account, stop receiving services, or inactivate or remove personal information about you from our database, please contact us here.
3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Website Technologies
IFAI is continuously improving its websites and products through the use of various third-party website analytic tools. They help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may encounter issues. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data:
We may utilize precise Geolocation data, but only if you specifically opt-in to the collection of that data in connection with a particular service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic location areas of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as which browser or operating system a person uses, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for services at one of our websites or using one of our mobile applications.
We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You may prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for display advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing, which provide interest-based ads based on your visit to this or other websites. You may use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
|Session Cookies||We use these cookies to operate our websites.||Some cookies are essential for the operation of IFAI websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.|
|Security Cookies||These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.||We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent the fraudulent use of log-in credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties.|
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
4. Information Sharing
Examples of information we may share with third-party service providers:
- Fulfilling orders – OnTrac, Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, Community Brands Software
- Payment processing – Paypal, CardConnect/BluePay fka:Vantiv
- Processing magazine label files – Royle Printing, Trimax
- Verifying accuracy and updating contact information – Lorton Data, NCOA Data Correction
- Sending marketing communications – Higher Logic Software, Platinum IP LLC, Ideal Printing, Ewald Consulting
- Conducting research and analysis – MDG, Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey, Microsoft 365, Google Analytics, Domo Inc
- Sending member communications – Higher Logic and Community Brands Software, Microsoft 365
- Display content based upon your interests – Feathr, Google
- Processing event, virtual event, and webinar registrations – Community Brands, Pathable, GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar, Cadmium, and Remo
- Creation and fulfillment of exhibitor and sponsorship contracts and services – Freeman, A2Z
- Tracking of registrant housing/hotel reservation – Conference Direct
- Sending confirmation of Continuing Education Unit to licensing bodies
- Providing member benefit discounts and services – APPI, PartnerShip, Standards Store, Marsh & McLennan, SCL Equipment Finance, CardConnect, Principal Financial, and Business AdvantEdge
- Coordination of exhibitor information – (various) Co-Location Organizations for Specific Events
- Job Board services – Boxwood Technology
- Sharing membership details of Japan and New Zealand members with IFAI Japan and IFAI New Zealand
- Customer communications platform – Community Brands Software, Higher Logic Software
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons include:
- As part of a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, where customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example, to comply with a valid subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior consent.
IFAI may need to communicate with you for a variety of reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you administrative emails and messages about your membership or other relevant business information. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings, and important service-related notices, such as billing or security notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the services, and you may not opt-out of them.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about IFAI that we think you’d like to hear about, either from us or from our business partners. You may always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you may share with friends or colleagues.
- For industry expertise in the case of sourcing editorial content, conducting market research and soliciting presenters for education.
6. Accessing Your Data
Our customers may always review, update or change personal information from within their accounts. IFAI will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. Please contact us here if you need assistance in reviewing your information. IFAI will respond to your access request to review the information we have on file for you within a reasonable time.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our services, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by appropriate transfer agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as needed to provide services to our customers. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
IFAI follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received; however, no security measure is perfect. We recommend safeguarding your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
8. GDPR Support
The following provision applies if the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to the particular transaction and if you are a data subject, as defined by the GDPR, within the European Economic Area. We are based in the United States and any personal data collected from this website will be transferred and processed within the U.S. If you do not agree to this, do not provide us with personal data.
- Data Controller: Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI)
- Data Subject Rights to Personal Information
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
Your rights as a data subject may be subject to certain limitations and restrictions. You may exercise your rights as a data subject by contacting us in writing at email@example.com. When you make a request, we may require certain documentation in order to be able to verify your identity before we are able to process your request. Your cooperation is necessary to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
- Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’, as defined by the GDPR. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us.
9. Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
Address: Industrial Fabrics Association International, 1801 County B West, Roseville, MN 55113
Phone: +1 800 208 2615
Last updated 04/23/2021